- Michael Bloom of the Conference Board of Canada
- basically a statistical version of Richard Florida's message!
- "Valuing Canada's Creative Economy"
- a new look at culture...the value of art/culture...economic/social/aesthetic
- creativity leads to innovation
- creative chain: creation/production/manufacturing/distribution/support
- economic footprint of the creative economy
- 3 elements: direct impact/indirect impact/induced impact....totals about 7.4% of GDP
- "prosumerism" = consumer as producer...desire to participate / interactive experiences...user-led content
- issues of intellectual property and copyright...
- need links between: tech/content/creativity/business acumen/production/consumption
Friday, January 30, 2009
Friday morning Planary with Michael Bloom
Posted by Library Detective at 11:55 pm