- it's never easy!
- good tips for talking / working with anyone
- 1 meeting = 3 calls
- 1 call = 5 emails
- (LJ is GOOD at this!)
- use the power of cc in emails
- get invited to IT meetings
- always follow up...shows you're on the ball...record of what went down...mutual understanding
- learn about technology
- visit your server (touch it!!)
- learn the basics
- NY Times technology section
- Wired magazine
- bring your IT guy to CIL!
- use them
- for advice on tech issues
- they work for US!
- (eg. Mike McL has been awesome!)
- typical to have lots of hoopla re strat plan, then it gets shelved...IT strategy...do we have one? (tbpl / city?)...if so, read it, adopt it, reference it
- dream big, plan small...dream about what you want to DO with technology, then make it happen with technology
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
CIL'06: Working and Planning with your IT Department
With Barrett Jones, Joint IMF World Bank Library
Posted by Library Detective at 3:51 pm