- "Millennials Rising" book
- they are:
- "trophy kids"
- "digital natives in the land of digital immigrants"
- immersed in a world of media and gadgets
- pay "continuous partial attention"
- unaware, uncaring of the results of use of their technology (eg. copywrite)...
- so MEDIA LITERACY big role for libs
- their technology world will change radically in the next decade
- approach to research / work will be shaped by new techno-world...
- tag taxonomies -- shared
- individuals as nodes of production
- we need to be their "infomation support"...easy to use, there when needed
- we need to react to and shape their environment...
- be brilliant!
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
CIL'06: Keynote: The Internet: Enhancing Work and Play
Lee Rainie...Pew Internet and American Life Project
Posted by Library Detective at 3:59 pm