- ppt will be updated as Corey gets new examples / ideas, so take a peek periodically
- The Universe of Stats in Millennium
- transaction-based (circ / WebPac / WAM / financial
- requires action to appen
- counting things that are there
- don't forget stats have to be good for the lib / serve a need...don't let the stats control you!
- user manual = the road map
- this presentation = the travel guide!
- General hints:
- fixed fields and call numbers
- use system as central repository (not mish mash of misc things on different PCs and formats)
- every record has a "created" and "updated" date (updated changes with each circ) *maybe use this for my report on use of the business collection...consider / contemplate / and play with it
- can "view query" of all pre-done searches and see all the criteria / dates / initials...can re-run periodically -- "extract query"
- "millennium scheduler" is a "product"
Friday, May 02, 2008
MilStats 102: Corey Seeman
ppt is here
Posted by Library Detective at 2:43 pm